Sunday, February 10, 2013

Another Designer with Education Ideas

I have little notion of what distinguishes a TED conference from a TEDx conference, but today's find is a video from a TEDx conference. Lest there be any confusion, please note that I'm Drew Davis and one of the speakers in the video is Drew Davies. He is not me.

The Future Will Not be Multiple Choice. Run time is just under 13 minutes from May, 2012.

Give Miss Frizzle her cue and let's get messy....

If you didn't see it already, I suggest that you also see the talk about Design and Education in Bertie County, North Carolina.

Not everything is covered in nifty videos. You might find some interesting reading material by trying a Google search for:

demise of shop class

Among other interesting things that Google search led me to this 2006 article Shop Class as Soulcraft by Matthew B. Crawford. That article has since been expanded into a 2009 book by that same author. I confess that I haven't read that book.

As always, I welcome comments from you on my blog. It's your chance to influence where future articles are likely to wander. Thank-you for your time and thoughts. I'm happy to share this modest forum with you, but if, for whatever reason, you want to keep a lower profile than is implied by posting on a public blog, I invite you to e-mail to me, r.drew.davis at gmail nospam com. I trust you can decode that into a conventional email address.

Drew

No comments :

Post a Comment